Recent Digital Initiatives
- torontotalks online community group and twitter profile - to promote an IABC unconference, establish a community, facilitate a conversation and capture data, ideas and resources to share among its members
- communities and conversations blog
- outtathegate – extending the conference conversation campaign
- outtathegate campaign summary presentation presented to IABC NSW chapter
- personal blog – A Broad Abroad eh!, Chronicling the adventures of a Canadian gone Down Under
- guest blog post on David Meerman Scott Social Media Masterclass Blog resulting from an interview with Robert Half International, New Rules, New Relevance, New Results
- ghost post on David Meerman Scott Social Media Masterclass Blog (wouldn’t look very good me blatantly promoting myself), IABC – Offering Members Social Media Value
- Published Articles – written for Public Relations Institute of Australia (PRIA):
Tips for Building you Networking Muscle and Are you keeping up with recent developments?
- the Canadian Australian Club website – events Lead and website redesign project – including creative input, content creation, process refinements, promotion/networking through social media, now Content Manager for the website and ongoing promotion/networking through social media
- the interactive whiteboard revolution blog – provided strategic and creative direction in the ning’s development
- IABC NSW website elected to the Board for the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) NSW Chapter –assisting with Website upgrades, online events promotion and Sponsorship Committees
- Social Media Support for Golden Retriever Rescue (GRR) – developed Facebook Fan Page and twitter presence to further promote their services by building a community of supporters
- twitter conversations
- 2010 Unconference: Emerging communications channels
From the newest online social networks to the latest internal microblogging tools, social media are changing all the time. How does a communicator keep up? At the “2010 Unconference: Emerging Communication Channels,” attenders will come together for a series of collaborative sessions to share case studies, best practices and technology tips. It’s the wisdom of the crowd at its finest!
In this unconference, you will learn:
• How to incorporate emerging communications programs into the larger communications mix
• Why “shiny object syndrome” will lead you astray
• How to use social media tools to strengthen internal communications.
Bryan Person / Texas, USA, is the social media evangelist for LiveWorld Inc., a company that builds, manages and moderates social networks for leading brands. He is also the founder of the Social Media Breakfast, an education and networking series in more than 30 cities around the world.
Jeremy Schultz / Arizona, USA, is a communication specialist for worldwide employee communications at Intel. He writes global news stories for the employee home page, cultivates social computing strategy for the communication department, and helps communicators, employees and leaders use social media tools to better connect across the company.
Linda Johannesson / Sydney, Australia, is a strategist, marketer, communicator, brand champion, blogger and social media advocate who believes in communities and conversations. Her 20 years of expertise spans integrate branding and marketing campaigns, change management, web site, blogs, wikis and other social media.